2023-2024 SCOUT PROGRAM SCHEDULE
October 21-22: Space Science Exploration Rocket building (for 4th grade and above) and launch available for an additional cost. Supplies limited.
November 11-12: Aviation
January 20-21: Robotics
February 10-11: Robotics
March 02-03: Space Science Exploration Rocket building (for 4th grade and above) and launch available for an additional cost. Supplies limited.
March 16-17: Space Science Exploration Rocket building (for 4th grade and above) and launch available for an additional cost. Supplies limited.
April 20-21: Aviation
May 11-12: Robotics
May 18: GSUSA JOURNEY DAY
- Webelos/Arrow of Light
- Scouts BSA Troop
Space Science Exploration
- Explorer/Sky is the Limit
- Master/BSA Space Exploration Merit Badge
- All age levels
- BSA Robotics Merit Badge
Current Grade Levels
- Kindergarten-1st Grade
- 2nd -3rd Grade
- 4th – 5th Grade
- 6th -12th Grade
- All age levels
- BSA Aviation Merit Badge
- Kentucky Ninety-Nine Badges – https://aviationbadges.myshopify.com/pages/contact-us
A 50% deposit is required at the time of registration. The balance is due 30 days before the scheduled scout event. A 50% refund will be given should you need to cancel with at least ten business days’ notice. No refunds will be given after that date. All programs require at least ten scouts. Failure to make the final payment will result in loss of registration, and no refund will be given. VASSC reserves the right to modify age grouping based on reservations to enhance the program quality.
- Two adults are required to be with your unit during your overnight stay. Due to space restrictions and fire code regulations, only one adult will be permitted in the classroom during the program.
- A complete participant roster is required with final payment (30 days before the scheduled event). The roster form will be sent with your confirmation letter and gather pertinent information on your scouts, including names, ages, grades, and food allergies. We will not accept additional names after the roster is submitted. Space is limited.
- IMAX show is included.
- Light Continental breakfast and small evening snack are provided.
- All Participants receive the Limited Edition VASSC Scout Event patch.
- The overnight program begins on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and ends on Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
- Rocket building and launch are available only with the Space Science Exploration program. There is an additional cost, and space is limited to 50 rockets. This activity begins at 5 p.m. on Saturday, and the launching occurs on Sunday morning. Full details will be provided with rocket reservations.
Cost: $65 Scouts/Siblings • $45 Adults • $30 Rocket
Journey Day Program for Girl Scouts
Between Earth & Sky
Wonders of Water
- The Girl Scout Journey programs are offered on Saturdays based on availability. A minimum of ten scouts are required to schedule a program.
- Daisy/Brownie 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Junior/Cadette/Senior 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A certificate of completion will be presented to the scout at the graduation ceremony.
- Lunch is not included. Troops may purchase from the café in advance or bring their food.
- Badges are not included.
- Cost is $50 per Scout
- Two complimentary tickets are included for adult leaders/chaperones.