Let’s Create a Safe Space
We understand that you probably have some questions regarding the additional safety measures we are taking in light of the evolving COVID-19 situation. We want you to know we remain committed to our patron experience and safety. That is why we have made the following significant updates to our facility and visitor policies.
The following changes will affect all Virginia Air & Space Science Center visitors:
- Masks are encouraged inside the center but are NOT required.
- The Center has strategically placed sanitization stations and highly encourages social distancing during your visit as much as possible.
- The IMAX Theater – The Theater is sanitized between Showtimes. Social distancing is also encouraged while inside the theater.
- The Cosmic Cafe has a limited menu; boxed lunches are not available for groups.
- Volunteer docents are not available; there will be no docent-led tours until further notice.
- The MaxFlight Simulator is closed until further notice.
The following changes will affect Camp NASA campers and parents only:
- Class sizes will be reduced by 50%, with respect to restrictions on ‘gathered groups.’
- Lunch will not be offered as an add-on for Camp NASA 2022, including pizza on Fridays.
- Campers will have individual supply kits, which will not be shared with any other campers.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available in every classroom and will be used between activities and upon re-entering the classrooms from other areas of the Center.
We will continue to monitor conditions and reevaluate our safety requirements as necessary, keeping this page updated as changes are made. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of our patrons and staff. As always, thank you for supporting us with your patronage. We can’t wait to see you!