We are looking for highly passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Are you enthusiastic, friendly, and know how to ensure customer satisfaction? Then check below to see what openings we currently have available.
Community Education Researcher (Part-Time):
The Institute for Learning Innovation (ILI) is collaborating with the Virginia Air & Space Science Center and Hampton Roads area school districts in learning how to support youth STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) learning in and out of the classroom.
We are looking for an organized and dynamic person to join our team as a local education researcher and collect data to examine the impact of STEM programming on students. Data collection will involve interviewing 5th and 6th graders and observing classroom activities in school and on field trips in the Hampton Roads area.
The applicant selected will work in a contract position, part-time for up to 1.5 years. The number of hours per week will vary depending on the varying needs of the project. Work will take place during school hours.
The Virginia Air and Space Science Center is looking for passionate STEM Educators who want part-time, flexible contract-based positions in the Hampton Roads area. STEM Educators are responsible for providing pre-designed STEM content to K-8 students through outreach, museum field trips, and after-school programming. There is a vast opportunity for growth, and extensive training is provided. Interested candidates should have a love of education, excellent communication skills, and a desire to impact the community positively. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Employment Type: Full-time, hourly
Assistant Visitor Services Manager:
Employment Type: Part-time
Visitor Services Associate:
Employment Type: Part-time/Seasonal
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Visitor Services, the Visitor Services Associate greets customers at the front desk, conducts sales in the gift store or café, and greets/assists guests at the IMAX theater.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Enthusiastically welcome guests as they enter the Center, or greet them as they enter the gift shop, cafe, or IMAX
- Assist guests with ticket and membership purchases
- Answer guest questions/assist with other guest needs
- Other special projects as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Outgoing, friendly, and customer service oriented
- Ability to communicate enthusiastically about the Center and its available services
- Must be trustworthy and reliable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in confrontational situations, display discernment and discretion
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess basic math skills with an understanding of debits and credits
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently perform data entry and other duties as assigned
- Basic computer skills
- Cash register/cash handling experience a plus
Essential Job Requirement:
- Ability to work weekends and occasional evenings
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Virginia Air & Space Science Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Virginia Air & Space Science Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.