Job Description: Visitor Services Associate - Museum Store
Chief Objectives of the Position:
To greet Center visitors in a friendly and positive manner; efficiently facilitate sales and transactions; and correctly answer inquires for information about the Center’s exhibits, products and films.
- • Initiate and complete sales transactions with visitors. This includes greet each customer, suggestive selling, order coordination, cash, checks, and credit card transactions, and thanking the guest.
- • Process all customer transactions as they occur. Ensure that all procedures re quick and accurate. Balance to zero at the completion of each shift.
- • Ensure that all displays and supplies are well stocked at all times. Advise Museum Store Manager and Lead Associate when products are running low to ensure that merchandise is reordered in a timely manner.
- • Ensure that the Museum store is neat and orderly at all times.
- • Become familiar with and understand features and benefits of Museum store products in order to sell them and answer customer questions.
- • Sell Memberships
- • Participate in annual physical inventory and routine cycle counts.
- • Complete and follow daily procedures forms.
- • Dust all gondolas and shelving
- • Wipe down all merchandise (moving it to dust the space underneath).
- • Restock store and glow room with product stored in bunkers. Make sure bunkers say stocked.
- • Reshop any items immediately after school groups or other visitors.
- • Write down any items that are getting low on the shelf.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one year’s experience in sales, customer service and cash handling required. Must have excellent customer service skills, ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision. Knowledge of standard cash register, calculator and basic computer skills. Weekends, holiday, and evening required.