Job Description: Museum Educator
Chief Objectives of the Position:
Delivers and/or develops high quality educational programs, activities and materials that are consistent with the mission of the Virginia Air & Space Center, are integrated with curricula of school systems in the service area, and that utilize an interdisciplinary approach and an interactive or hands-on format.
- • Deliver high quality educational programs. Must train for and teach previously developed in-house and outreach programs for all grades and age levels.
- • Attend all necessary training and practice sessions as deemed necessary by the Director of Education.
- • Deliver programs in partnership with colleges and universities, and/or national laboratories, to public and private schools, and other museums for all age levels, handicapped, at risk, and/or gifted and talented.
- • Deliver Outreach Education and Community Outreach programs.
- • Deliver programs for Day Camps and overnight Camp-ins.
- • Deliver programs for adult educational needs, such as teacher in-services and workshops, Continuing Education, and Life-Long Learning and Elder Hostel groups.
- • Develop and deliver educational programs and/or activities, as needed or requested, to complement IMAX® film presentations and changing exhibits.
Reports to the Director of Education or assigned Education Program Manager.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Special requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to some evenings, nights and/or weekends.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required. Teacher certification and experience in science, math and engineering preferred. Must be flexible and able to work in a team environment. Must be able to do some lifting, work with science equipment and craft projects, and have own transportation.