Job Description: Visitor Services Associate - IMAX Theater Usher
Chief Objectives of the Position:
To greet Center visitors in a friendly and positive manner; efficiently facilitate sales and transactions; and correctly answer inquires for information about the Center’s exhibits, products and films.
- • Coordinate opening and closing theater door with IMAX Projectionist.
- • Greet visitors and retrieve theater tickets from guests entering the auditorium ensuring that all tickets have the correct date and show time. Direct visitors in the appropriate direction.
- • Assist all handicapped guest by offering to take them to the elevator or assisting them to their seat.
- • Assist latecomers to their seats and assist visitors who have left the theater and must re-enter. Using a flash light to guide them in.
- • Walk through the theater during the performances to make sure everything is working properly and that there is no filming or inappropriate behavior going.
- • Prepare theater for next scheduled show, by walking through aisles looking under seats for lost items or trash.
- • Understand the basic aspects of the Center and the IMAX Theater to answer basic visitor questions. Refer more difficult questions the Lead IMAX Associate or the Director of Visitor Services.
- • Complete and follow daily procedures forms.
- • Ensure that work area is neat and orderly at all times.
- • Assist the Manager or Director of Visitor services in directing or controlling guests during emergency situations.
- •Follow daily procedures for maintenance of 3D glasses and equipment.
- • Follow procedures for distribution, retrieval of glasses, maintaining a daily inventory log sheet. Report any discrepancies to Lead Theater Associate or the Manager on duty.
- • Serve as a backup for the café associates and ride attendants during break periods or whenever needed.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one year’s experience in sales, customer service and cash handling required. Must have excellent customer service skills, ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision. Knowledge of standard cash register, calculator and basic computer skills. Weekends, holiday, and evening required.