Job Description: Visitor Services Associate - Cafe
Chief Objectives of the Position:
To greet Center visitors in a friendly and positive manner; efficiently facilitate sales and transactions; and correctly answer inquires for information about the Center’s exhibits, products and films.
- • Initiate and complete concessions sales transaction for visitors. This includes greeting each customer, preparing food and beverage orders, cash, checks and credit card transactions.
- • Ensure that all transactions are processed quickly and accurately. Balance to zero at the end of each shift.
- • Understand and follow guidelines set forth by the CDC (Center for Disease Control when handling food items.
- • Monitor all areas of the Café keeping it clean and sanitized.
- • Ensure that all supplies are well stocked at all time throughout the day and for the beginning of the next day of business.
- • Advise key people as to when items are running low to ensure that product is ordered in a timely manner.
- • Complete and follow daily procedures forms.
- • Make certain that all necessary products are taken out of the stock/storage and necessary equipment is turned on and working properly.
- • Ensure that all items are being registered or written of properly.
- • Report equipment problems to the Lead Café Associate or Director of Visitor Services
- • Participate in annual inventory and monthly cleaning of café area and equipment.
- • Suggestive selling and sales encouragement.
- • Prep and display all food items (nachos, pizza, etc.)
- • Keep floors in dining area, in front of registers, and work area swept at all times.
- • Pre items for next day. Including but not limited to candy supplies, cups, lids, popcorn, boxes, plates, popping oil and any other items used daily. Hot doge, BBQ, chili etc.
- • Make sure that all electrical and cooking equipment are turned off at the close of business.
- • Special projects as they arise.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one year’s experience in sales, customer service and cash handling required. Must have excellent customer service skills, ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision. Knowledge of standard cash register, calculator and basic computer skills. Weekends, holiday, and evening required.