Job Description: Visitor Services Associate - Admissions
Chief Objectives of the Position:
To greet Center visitors in a friendly and positive manner; efficiently facilitate sales and transactions; and correctly answer inquires for information about the Center’s exhibits, products and films.
- • Welcome visitors to the museum in a friendly and hospitable manner
- • Initiate and complete all sales transactions with visitors using PASS computer ticketing systems. This includes suggestive selling, order coordination, ticket printing, cash, checks and credit card transactions.
- • Facilitate sales, customer services, handling cash, and accounting for sales and receipts. Ensure that all transactions are processed quickly and accurately. Balance to zero at the end of each shift. Ensure that all displays, rack cards, brochures, ticket stock and other supplies are well stocked at all times.
- • Understand the basic aspects of the Center and the IMAX Theater to answer basic visitor questions. Refers more difficult questions the manager on duty.
- • Ensure that work area is always neat and orderly at all times.
- • Maximize sales by providing quality customer experiences and capitalizing on up selling opportunities.
- • Answers phone and processing phone sales in a timely and accurate manner.
- • Sell memberships and encourage upgrades
- • Perform and complete all items on admissions daily procedure form.
- • Turn on duratrans and electronic sign. Change date
- • Turn on computer and make sure Pass is operating. Notify the manager on duty if there is a problem.
- • Check IMAX reservations line ad process customer’s ticket orders. File tickets correctly in the reservation box behind the correct date
- • Read over group tour schedule for the day. Process group as they arrive. If there is a problem with the reservation, please notify the Manager on duty, who will access the situation, and call the Group Scheduler if necessary.
- • Read over “Did You Know” sheet.
- • Special projects as they arise.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one year’s experience in sales, customer service and cash handling required. Must have excellent customer service skills, ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision. Knowledge of standard cash register, calculator and basic computer skills. Weekends, holiday, and evening required.